Oh dear. It seems the weather has it in for me. After enjoying a nearly perfect 16 week lead up to the last marathon, these last 4 weeks have been one trial after another and outdoor running days have been few and far between. That said, I should have marched myself to the indoor track and logged some miles there… but I didn’t. Even knowing better, I always thought the next day would be better… but it wasn’t. So, with only myself to blame, here’s the last week’s so-called effort.
- 1/31 – total body weights, core toning and medicine ball workout.
- 2/1 – rest day.
- 2/2 – total body weights.
- 2/3 – 5 mile run – 1.5 miles on asphalt, 3.5 miles on dirt road. 26 degrees, 50% humidity and minds <5 mph.
- 2/4 – 4 mile run – out and back on asphalt. 40 degrees, 55% humidity, winds about 8 mph.
- 2/5 – absolutely nothing.
- 2/6 – total body weights, medicine ball workout.
Yeah, I’m not real proud of that. Checking this week’s forecast, it looks like Friday – Sunday are going to be good running days but this time I will do what I should have done last week and say, “Yeah. Right.” And so today I take a gym bag with me to work and will stop at the indoor track on my way home and hopefully shore up some rest-induced weaknesses and, additionally, resuscitate my resolve. That’s the plan.