3/28 – off
3/29 – 5 mile run and yoga – out and back on asphalt.
3/30 – 5 mile run and yoga – out and back on asphalt.
3/31 – 3 mile run (on treadmill)
4/01 – 6 mile run (on treadmill) and core toning
4/02 – 2 mile run – gorgeous evening! Calm, clear and 67 degrees. Gotta love that!
4/03 – 8 mile run (on treadmill) – outdoor conditions: 34 degrees, wind 24 mph, humidity 53% and sleet. Indoors…
So I got the new machine this week and had to try it out. I learned a few things I never knew:
- treadmills eat cats – the cat swears this is true
- even on thick matting, the floor shakes when you run on the machine
- the treadmill does not care – it will go the speed you set regardless of what you are actually comfortable doing
- it makes you pay attention to your feet – maybe too much
- I can see a floor fan in my future
I initially thought there was a rubber duckie somewhere in my treadmill until I realized even the slightest brush of my shoe on the belt would squeak. Altering my stride to reduce this makes me work harder and I’m hoping the alteration won’t cause strain on my knees. Today, when I had an 8 mile run scheduled and was standing in my kitchen watching it sleet sideways, I did smile at the idea of running in shorts and t-shirt instead of full polar gear or, more likely, not running at all. The run was OK – sorted out the squeak and managed not to trip, fall off or get run over. ;-)